9.6.09

Les Indiennes.... pure love.........

Hello FRIENDS!!! I am particularly happy today because it smells like rain here in PV, (Puerto Vallarta) it feels as if it will come any minute, maybe it will be another few weeks before the rainys season kicks in but still, there's this lovely smell in the air and it's cloudy for the first time in quite a while. We get lightning storms here, it really rains hard, but only in the afternoon and for a couple of hours... then, it goes away and the air feels clean and cool as ever... I can't wait...

***


Anyway, I was browsing one of my fav blogs the other day, House Martin: http://housemartin.typepad.com and I found something about the new stuff from Les Indiennes, well, I was crazy about the posted image so I went straight into their web-site and here's what I found... catch your breath!



Les Indiennes by Mary Mulcahy, is an amazing brand of textiles that is inspired in indian style, made fresh and simple. She extracted color and simplified certain motifs to turn traditional indian style into something more soothing and pleasing to the western eye.


More importantly, the production of these fabric does not cause pollution nor does it disrupt the traditional lifestyle of the village where it is made. Les Indiennes provides fair trade employment for over 50 families, raising the standard of living for the entire community, and all the while leaving no environmental or social footprint.


I think this is amazing. I am in-love with the patterns and how every image feels like 'home'.


Info and pictures via: www.lesindiennesshop.com

check it out for more!

2 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

Such divine prints!! I adore beautiful fabrics like that :)

Unknown said...

Hey Kellie! thanks for visiting, u always so sweet... hey their website is amazing, check it out... and have a LOVELY thursday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...