19.1.12

Guys, I had the craziest of dreams!

I was at a party, some sort of going-away party... when I turned around to grab my drink {true to form} and there was Lindsay Lohan right next to me, and SWEET-BABY-JESUS was she wrinkled!!!! then I turned the other way towards a small dance floor and there was Kim Kardashian {yeah, it was a bit of a nightmare...} kinda over-weight and wrinkled too!

Then... i went looking for a mirror and YES, you guessed it. I was pretty darn damaged myself. But then, i pulled out a Photo-shop brush out of my purse, and within minutes I was looking like a million bucks.

Now, let's see here... I am NOT consumed with how I look, I do love wearing cute little outfits and accesorizing, but this was just a STRANGE dream to say the least. I decided it was time for another "True Beauty" post. I did one a while back, because it is just BEYOND me how they abuse Photoshop in magazines today and by doing this, they totally HIDE a woman's true beauty. I did it before and I will do it again.

Let's see if you agree :)


In my opinion, the BEFORE is much better than the AFTER in all of these cases:


Before: Every-woman's curves?? HELL to the YES!!!
After: Yikes!.... 



When you have curves sometimes you have a little bit of extra skin here and there, and that's NORMAL... Kim Kardashian looks wayyyyy better BEFORE photoshop.
{they totally screwed up her skin tone}



Jessica Alba looks like the girl next door before photoshop.............. kinda mean and evil after!!! And dear lord, what did they do to her body!!!??? ugh.............


They were kind to Kate on this one... they didnt over do it. But still, I like the BEFORE better.


Madonna is too scary either way, but you get my point, right?????


Now, here are some facts.... found this great article on the sensitive subject...

When you’re looking at a magazine cover or an advertisement these days, the sad fact is, you’re not looking at a real woman. Oh, sure, her face may be familiar; maybe you even you see her on your TV every week — but, more often than not, you’re looking at a computer-generated image that might as well be a cartoon. Wrinkles removed, bosoms enhanced, waists cinched down to sizes smaller than a head.

Sometimes it’s infuriating. Always it’s disheartening. And now the American Medical Association has declared that it’s dangerous.

READ MORE on AfterEllen.com
















2 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

You know what? Thank you for reminding me- I know and yet I forget-

Shara said...

great post!!kisses La Folie 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...