25.5.10

Lofty expectations...

Oh myfriends... where to begin, I hope you are sitting down, because this space is simply amazing.

How about living in a former shipbulder's warehouse, built in 1839 in New York City, now turned into a fabulous new Loft... well, that's were Rebecca Robertson, Marco Pasanella and their adorable 3 year old son Luca live. Talk about some major lifestyle crush!

Seems to me that, being a designing couple, they had no trouble turning an industrial loft into a family home. But it would surely be a challenge to all the rest of us mortals!!!

Just look...



What makes a perfect play area???? A winch!!! This one is at the front of the loft, which once delivered sailcloth and other supplies to shipbuilders... definitely a striking design element!!!


Rebecca in front of the fireplace




The rug is by British designer Neisha Crosland, and the FABULOUS slipper chairs are antiques


Bright WHITE pine floors and brick walls to add contrast and brighten a space flanked by wooden columns??? YES please!!!



A kitchen with a rolling ladder!!! GENIUS!!!!




Do you love it too!!???





Images via: Martha Stewart's Site
where else right?


5 comments:

OneCraftyFox said...

I do!! I love it too, it's absolutely stunning!!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend, dearie. I just got home from a weekend away... :)

Leah said...

You are so right! This space is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oh Diana welcome!!!! i missed ya :)

Leah, i am off to see what u r up to on the Way we Are ;) xoxox

Minnie said...

I think I'm in love. What a fabulous home. That kitchen is so fresh-looking. Finally, a place for all my cookbooks! And I like that kids' room, too. Can't get over how they made the alphabet letters look so uncluttered. Great use of type.

Unknown said...

I know Minnie! this place is to die for. Thanks for visiting!!!! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...