19.9.09

The Muse: Loulou de la Falaise....

Loulou de la Falaise, was THE Muse for the great Yves Saint-Laurent. And a fashion icon, her mother, Maxime de la Falaise was a noted fashionista herself and a model for Schiaparelli.

According to The Independent, she helped inspire his 1966 female tuxedo Le Smoking and his see-through blouses. The designer and his former muse collaborated until his death... De la Falaise now runs Maison de Loulou, her Left Bank boutique in Paris...

Naturally, her house is anything but boring... From exotic to eclectic, to boho-chic and lavish.... I LOVE!!! (and oh MY!!! check out the collection of bracelets!!!)












Find more pictures and a much more complete story about this amazing woman at

2 comments:

Melissa A said...

I like your pictures and stories about these interior design and fashion icons. I just love this style of design. I think this is somewhat my style from what my friends tell me, but I think I add in a little more modern as well.

Unknown said...

hey Melissa :) I love the style also.... but this isn't what my house looks like... I do tend also to add a little modern. xo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...