17.8.10

A tribute to the classics: The Barcelona Chair

My favorite chair of all times could be the Swan. And I will definitely pay tribute to that beauty very soon. But if I had to pick another favorite it would {no doubt} be the Knoll Barcelona Chair.

Created by genius Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for the 1929 Barcelona Exposition... "the Barcelona chair features the pure compositional structure that now epitomizes Modern architecture"

{no kidding!}




The child's Barcelona chair and stool are 85% scale of the original!



Exclusive manufacturing and sales rights accorded to Knoll by the designer in 1953 AND
KnollStudio logo and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's signature stamped into the frame of each piece.




Interested???

The Stainless steel Beauty will set you back about $6907
While the Child Chair another $3840

YIKES! But totally worth it {if you ask me}

Why you asked? Because, this chair holds the Museum of Modern Art 1977 Award. That's why.


Check out Knoll you guys!!!


xoxox
Nuit

4 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

If only one of those beauties would find its way to my living room. Le sigh.

Stacey said...

A girl after my own heart. I actually thought of doing a post on one of my wishlist chairs but i decided to wait:-). The Barcelona is definitely on my list, so is the Arne Jacobsen Egg chair, the Ligne Roset Pop chair and, and..I love the classics! Great post. xo

OneCraftyFox said...

I really like this style of chair too, and you have picked some really beautiful ones.

Hope you are having a fantastic week, sweetie!!

Unknown said...

Love the Egg two Stacey!!! there will be a post on that too, Arne Jacobsen designed my favorite chair also, the swan... I also love the Womb chair and the Eames Lounge {MAJOR SIGHHH!!!}

Thank u all for visiting!!! you guys are the best xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...