25.8.12

Saturdance!

Today, I dedicate Saturdance to my Idol........... Diana.

There’s little question in anyone’s mind that Diana Vishneva, a graduate of the Vaganova School in St. Petersburg, Russia, and a principal dancer with the Kirov (Maryinksy) Ballet, is one of the great ballerinas of our time. An impeccable technician, with a gloriously supple body.

But leaving the technique aside, I find her dancing to be the most deeply intense and passionate out there, she brings a remarkable dramatic intelligence and theatrical savvy to every roles, I tell ya, can be quite remarkable to witness.




Above: Diana Vishneva performs in Dwight Roden's "Three Point Turn," one of the three dances that make up "Beauty in Motion." Credit: Gary Friedman / Los Angeles Times






















“As a member of a big company, you never have the chance to feel independent in your creative life,” says Vishneva. “Of course it’s great to do the classical repertoire, but I am always looking for something else too. If you are not growing as an artist, you might as well stop.” Diana Vishneva


Many xoxoxo! and happy Saturdance!!!

Nuit





7 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Beautiful, Nuit. You always have the most amazing images of ballerinas. xx's

noone said...

ohh that looks amazing, I love watching dancers, some of the stuff they do is just so beautiful

A Crimson Kiss said...

Such an exquisite dancer–I'll never stop being floored by what the human body can do!

Unknown said...

i know, riiight???

Unknown said...

omg how i wish i was THAT graceful! - beutiful!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Good golly she is beautiful!

Unknown said...

She looks so graceful!! This is making me so excited to move to Moscow next year and witness some amazing Russian ballet! :)) Thank you for sharing, lovely post.


Lots of love,
Sabina
xxx

Enter my studded corset giveaway in collaboration with Kat Valdez!
Find out how YOU can be featured on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...